- Clay Pot for Cooking with Lid Terracotta Casserole 3 Liters Earthen Unglazed 100% Handmade in La Chamba. $60.00
- Clay Tagine for Cooking Tajine Tajin Tayin Unglazed Diameter 8.5 " Aprox Hight 8" Terracotta 100% Handmade in La Chamba Colombia $72.90
- SET 1 Chocolate or Water Pitcher Jar Carafe 1.5 Liters and 4 Mug with Plate Black Clay Organic Handmade La Chamba Colombia $130.00
- SET Clay Pot for Cooking with Black Lid Terracotta Casserole 4 Liters and 4 Soup Bowl 18 Oz Earthen Unglazed 100% Handmade in La Chamba. $125.00
- SET Clay Pot for Cooking with Lid Terracotta Casserole 4 Liters and 4 Soup Bowl 18 Oz Earthen Unglazed 100% Handmade in La Chamba Gift for Her $130.00
Instructions & Care
Curing La Chamba pottery is an essential process to ensure its durability and performance in the kitchen. Here is a step-by-step guide to curing your La Chamba pottery:
1. **Initial Cleaning:**
– Wash the pottery with warm water and mild soap to remove any residue from the manufacturing process.
2. **Complete Drying:**
– Ensure the pottery is completely dry before proceeding to the next step.
3. **Water Curing:**
– Fill the pottery with water, making sure to cover all internal surfaces.
– Place the pottery in the cold oven.
4. **Gradual Heating:**
– Preheat the oven to a low temperature, around 150°C (300°F).
– Once the oven reaches the desired temperature, leave the pottery inside for 30 minutes.
5. **Slow Cooling:**
– Turn off the oven and let the pottery cool gradually inside the oven. Avoid abrupt temperature changes.
6. **Repeat the Process (Optional):**
– You can repeat this process several times to enhance the pottery’s durability and heat retention.
– Avoid abrupt temperature changes to prevent cracking.
– Do not place cold pottery directly on a heat source.
– Refrain from cooking highly acidic or alkaline foods in the pottery during the initial uses.
Always remember to follow the specific instructions provided by the manufacturer of your La Chamba pottery, as there may be variations in the curing processes depending on the exact type of pottery.
Welcome to La Chamba Pottery!We are a passionate brand committed to preserving the rich tradition of handmade pottery from La Chamba, Colombia. Nestled in the heart of the Andes, our town has been the home of this art for over 700 years.Each piece of La Chamba is a unique masterpiece, entirely handcrafted by our talented artisans. Starting with the mixture of local black clay with sand and water, each item is molded, trimmed, and smoothed by hand. Then, after careful sun-drying, we apply intensive polishing with semi-precious stones to achieve the natural patina and shine that sets us apart.Our products are not just kitchen utensils; they are witnesses to a tradition passed down through generations. Used in renowned restaurants and homes, La Chamba has gained acclaim for its quality, durability, and unique beauty.At La Chamba, we don’t just offer ceramics; we provide an authentic culinary experience. From the clay selection process to the final polishing touch, every detail reflects our dedication to excellence.Join us on this journey where tradition meets craftsmanship, and authenticity merges with beauty. Discover the magic of La Chamba Pottery, where each piece tells a story of art, family, and passion. Thank you for being part of our story!
La Chamba Pottery
Discover La Chamba, the authentic culinary pottery of the Andes! With our exclusive natural clay glaze, each piece is unique and handmade by our skilled artisans. Porosity enhances flavors, allowing for direct serving and eating. Cook with the best, 100% natural utensils, free from paints or lacquers.
Explore the rich history of La Chamba, a culinary treasure in South America. Used in top restaurants, our pottery has evolved for over 700 years, inspired by ancient archaeological pieces.
Our tradition thrives in a small Andean village, where craftsmanship is passed down through generations. From mixing local black clay to polishing with semi-precious stones, each step reflects dedication and quality.
Intense firing in traditional kilns transforms the terracotta surface into a deep black, creating durable and aesthetically pleasing utensils.
With La Chamba, you acquire not just kitchenware but an authentic and unique culinary experience. Discover the legacy of La Chamba and embark on an exceptional gastronomic journey! 🍲✨
Years of Product Tradition
Sales in Word Cities
Products Protected by Origin Designation.
Protected by designation of origin that preserves the idiosyncrasy of the region, recognizes the importance of the product, the know-how of its inhabitants and protects the consumer preventing them from being deceived by easily recognizing the reputed and characteristic products of the region.
Sales to the Whole World
The freight value depends on the destination of the purchased merchandise.