- Clay Tagine for Cooking Tajine Tajin Tayin Unglazed Diameter 8.5 " Aprox Hight 8" Terracotta 100% Handmade in La Chamba Colombia
- SET 1 Chocolate or Water Pitcher Jar Carafe 1.5 Liters and 4 Mug with Plate Black Clay Organic Handmade La Chamba Colombia
- SET Clay Pot for Cooking with Black Lid Terracotta Casserole 4 Liters and 4 Soup Bowl 18 Oz Earthen Unglazed 100% Handmade in La Chamba. (Copy)
- SET Clay Pot for Cooking with Lid Terracotta Casserole 4 Liters and 4 Soup Bowl 18 Oz Earthen Unglazed 100% Handmade in La Chamba.
- SET Clay Pot for Cooking with Lid Terracotta Casserole 3 Liters and 4 Soup Bowl 18 Oz Earthen Unglazed 100% Handmade in La Chamba.
Instructions & Care
Thoroughly clean with mild detergent to remove any residue that may be present
from the firing process.Fill each piece 3/4 full water and place in the oven for 30 minutes at 200 centigrades. This process allow La Chamba Pottery items to seal.
However, due to the porous nature of the cookware a complete seal is some times achieved only after items have been used several times for cooking.
La Chamba Pottery
La Chamba has a natural clay glaze rather than a vitreus glaze.
The porous nature of La Chamba Pottery is a distinctive characteristic allowing the cookware heat and enhance food flavours. Pots are ideal for serving food and eating from directly.
Each piece is unique 100% handmade truly art piece of our artisans.
Why should you cook in a clay pot ?
Clay is one of the most abundant natural material on earth. Its composition of minerals and metals on it are similar to those found in the human body. Therefore, all the utensils made of clay are ideal for culinary use.
WITH OUT CONTAINING ANY KIND OF PAINT OR LACQUER 100% NATURAL
La chamba is well now throughout South America and is used in many top restaurants for preparing, cooking and serving traditional dishes. The origin of this Cookware can be traced back over 700 years to vases and pitchers found in archeological sites.
La chamba is a steel made in the traditional way, in a small village in the Andes where the intensive manufacturing process is handed down from mother and daughter.
First the local black clay is mixed with sand and water and from that each peace is moulded, trimmed and smoothed by hand.
The vessels are coated in a fine terracotta glaze and are then left to dry in the sun.
After drying, the surface is rubbed and polished by hand with semi-precious stones. It is this intensive polishing that gives La Chamba its natural patina and sheen.
the cookware is placed inside large earthenware vessels and fired in kilns. This process changes the terracotta surface two black.
You would expect colors and shapes variations are typical of a hand-crafted product
Years of Product Tradition
Sales in Word Cities
Products Protected by Origin Designation.
Protected by designation of origin that preserves the idiosyncrasy of the region, recognizes the importance of the product, the know-how of its inhabitants and protects the consumer preventing them from being deceived by easily recognizing the reputed and characteristic products of the region.
Sales to the Whole World
The freight value depends on the destination of the purchased merchandise.